Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) has become my new obsession! For about 3/4 months now I have been having a tablespoon of ACV diluted in half a glass of water once a day and I couldn’t be more impressed with the results! It’s wide-ranging benefits include everything from curing hiccups, alleviating cold symptoms and some people have turned to ACV to help with health concerns including diabetes and high cholesterol. I wanted to share with you guys how ACV has benefitted me and why maybe you should consider adding ACV into your daily routine!
Does it matter what kind of Apple Cider Vinegar you use?
Yes, absolutely! You want to use the raw, unfiltered and organic variety that contains the ‘MOTHER’. This is the key ingredient with all the good stuff! The mother is the sediment at the bottom of the bottle which will probably freak you out first but after a good shake it will mix in quite nicely. There are so many brands out there but the most popular is the Bragg’s Apple Cider Vinegar which, for us UK residents, I think is only available here on Amazon.
How much do I drink and how do I prepare it?
I tend to take one tablespoon of ACV and dilute it into half a glass of water every evening. But let my warn you – this stuff is potent! It took me a good few weeks to get used to the taste! It seems easier to take it as a shot so you can avoid the taste but unfortunately this isn’t recommended as it can damage teeth enamel and throat tissue. Alternatively, you could add a teaspoon of honey or even substitute the water for some juice to help it go down a little smoother!
What are some of the ways it’s benefitted me?
- Helps to clear skin imperfections and blemishes – I have noticed such great results! You don’t just have to work from the inside out, ACV acts as a great natural toner with it’s antibacterial properties, it will leave your skin looking healthy and refreshed! It also helps to absorb excess oils and reduce the appearance of fine lines. It really is a lifesaver, if you have a small blemish the night before by the next morning it’s gone!
- Helps soothe a sore throat caused by colds – ACV contains malic acid which gives it it’s antibacterial properties and along with a bit of honey, your cold symptoms will be alleviated instantly! It also helps to reduce mucus in your body, helping to clear sinuses.
- Teeth whitener – ACV helps kill bacteria in your gums and mouth, removing stains leading to brighter and cleaner teeth!
- Acts as a detoxifier – I have been loving including a detoxifying super green juice into my daily routine but sometimes if I’m in a rush or just don’t have the time to blend up some greens, ACV is the perfect alternative to balance that pH level!
- Reduces leg cramps – Sometimes I tend to get quite bad leg cramps due to low potassium especially at night but since taking ACV, I haven’t been getting them as much or as bad!
- Helps fade bruises and scars – Just dab a light layer of ACV on top of the bruise or scar and repeat a couple of times to help fade the discolouration.
- Improves your hair’s body and shine – I love this one! Just add one part ACV to three parts water in a spray bottle and spritz into your hair concentrating on the ends after shampooing. Rinse out and you’ll see the dramatic results!
Are there any precautions?
- It will make you urinate quite a lot so be cautious when taking it LOL
- Don’t take too much – If you’re lazy like me and will eventually give up with the tablespoon and start to pour it straight into the cup from the bottle, try not to overdo it! I think I have been overdoing it the past few days and my stomach hasn’t been feeling too great, but I can’t be sure it’s because of the ACV so I’m going to lay off it for a couple of days and see what happens!
Have you guys tried out Apple Cider Vinegar? How has it been benefiting you?